Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Success report...

In my earlier post today I described a recipe for Holiday Nuts that I was trying. I am pleased to announce the Holiday Nuts turned out to be a tasty treat! They spent 6-1/2 hours in the food drier, and my husband turned off the drier and placed the snack food into a small, cute cookie jar. To repeat the ingredients in this recipe: a total of five cups crispy cashews, almonds and walnuts mixed (the way to make crispy nuts is to soak them overnight in water and sea salt; then dry them for about 12 hours in the food drier), three egg whites, one-half cup Vermont Maple Syrup, pinch of sea salt and one tablespoon vanilla extract. I also added one-half teaspoon sea salt.

Also in my earlier post today I mentioned jojoba might be too oily for my skin. However, I just read in another book that your face needs only a tiny amount of the cream, and to apply it, dip the tip of your little finger into the cream and gently massage it all over your face. At first it will seem to be too oily; but it will soon be obsorbed by your skin, the pure natural ingredients leaving your face soft and smooth. To deal with the separation of the oil and water in my first attempt at making moisture cream, I will just shake the container well before applying. Tonight I found another recipe for moisture cream I want to try, and it has a slightly different process for mixing the waters and oils, but the directions say it can be tricky to get it right. I will let you know how this new recipe turns out. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment